This is a British General WP30 one gang, wide, double pole weatherproof switch with power indicator light. The weatherproofing is rated at IP66 which means: “IP66 Enclosure rated as “dust tight” and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.” It is ideal to use outside or in a garage or workshop.
The switch is wide and easier to find in the dark. There is a red LED on/of indicator that can be wired to light up.
- This is a robust and hard wearing single outdoor switch usually used for lighting made by British General and is part of their Storm Range, designed for safe electricity supply for outdoors
- It has a weatherproof rating of IP66
- There is a LED indicator light which can be wired to illuminate on or off, depending on wiring blanking caps
- The switch comes with covers to seal the fixing screws
- The switch measures 91 x 91 x 67 mm with it being 20 Amp, 20AX inductive rate. the AX rating means that it can be used on inductive as well as resistive loads, so you could use it with fluorescent lighting
- The terminals are clearly marked and there are backed out captive screws to make installation easier
- All cable entries in the four sides have removable blanking caps